- Minimum Order Quantity :
- Unit of Measure :
- Price :
- 105/ + GST 5% INR
As the very name of this spice implies, it id made by grounding the dried mango. This powder has the tart, acidic and spicy flavor of unripe green mangoes. In the making process of this powder, unripe green mangoes are peeled and sliced into thin strips. To prevent the strips from pest attack, turmeric powder is rubbed on them. These unripe mango stripes take 5-6 days to dry in natural sunlight. The dried strips are grinded into a fine mango (amchur) powder.
Selection process :
- The dried mango powder must have beige color and fibrous texture.
- Packet must be properly sealed.
Culinary Uses :
- It is a key spice added to chutneys, soups, curries and marinades for flavoring.
- It can act as a souring agent just like tamarind and possess tenderizing qualities similar to lime juice.
- Aamchur can be used as a substitute to tamarind in the preparation of sweet-sour dal or sambhar.
- It gives barbecued items good flavor.
- It is also used to add flavor to dishes such as Dum Aloo and Biryani.
Storage tips :
- Store this powder in an air-tight container in a cool and dry place.
Health benefits :
- Aamchur powder is good for treating acidity and improving digestion.
- Vitamins A and E in this powder contributes in strengthening the heart and acquiring a glowing skin.
No 5 A Nalvar Street, Of Bharatha Matha Street, Poondi Bazar, Tambaram East, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600059, India